PPSDC General Meeting – February 2018
February 15 @ 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
PPSDC welcomes Atlanta-based photographer, Judy Host, who will be giving a talk entitled Grace and Balance – Photographing Ballet.
From the Speaker:
For the last three years I have allowed myself to follow my passion for photographing dancers. The Art of Ballet has always intrigued me along with the grace and elegance that comes with it. The passion a dancer has for their craft mimics my own passion for photography. There is a natural flow of energy that captivates me and I find myself completely immerged in the moment. As an artist, I find I need that kind of distraction so that I can create freely and purposely. So it is with great pleasure that I share that experience with you and the journey it has taken me on.
My program has been customized specially for your group. My topics will cover the following:
- The importance of light quality for creating dramatic dance portraits, (Low Key/High Key)
- Studying the positions of your dancer and understanding how your camera angle showcases your subject.
- Styling the shoot. Customizing your sessions with costumes and beautiful dresses.
- Create storyboards of positions for yourself for lighting and for your dancer. Most dancers are not use to selecting poses for the camera.
- Location versus studio. Where do you want your session to take place? What is the overall feel of the image? What is your vision for the session? What are you trying to create? What is your message?
For those of you who are interested in following your passion for something different, this program will hopefully inspire you to move forward now. We are artists after all and we need to feed our souls with the magic we have the talent to create.